Thursday, May 12, 2016

THE WEEK 5/10/2016

Elder Barton's Birthday is on May 22nd if you have time, send him some love notes :) 
Missão Brasil São Paulo Oeste
Rua Doutor Rui Bastista Pereira, 165
Jardim Caxingui-São Paulo-SP
CEP: 05517-080

Brasil
Email: beaub@myldsmail.net

OLLAAAAAAA MEUS QUERIDOS! BOM DIA VINDO DE SÃO PAULO!

This week was just an AWESOME WEEK!

First things first (im the realist) haha just kidding! IT WAS AWESOME TALKING TO THE BEST FAMILY IN THE WORLDDDDDD IT COMPLETLEY MADE MY DAY AND MADE ME FEEL EVEN MORE GRATEFUL FOR YOU GUYS AND ALL THAT YOU DO!!!!!!! SHOUT OUT TO THE MOMMA B ALSO FOR BEING THE BEST MOM EVER!

Yesterday was such an incredible day and the skype was just enough to completley top it off!! Daniel and Suzana were baptized yesterday and it was such an incredible experience. Truly, one of the most spiritual experiences I think I have had on my mission! This family is the most humble, receptive to the spirit, and grateful family I have ever met. They are incredible. Despite all of the problems and difficulties they have, they are so happy. Yesterday, we were sitting in the baptismal service, all dressed up after we had taken pics and everything (i was gonna baptize Suzana and Elder Dos Santos and Elder Travassos were gonna baptize daniel because of his situation of being disabled) we were all ready to go after hearing the message and almost about to head to the font when all the sudden, bishop tapped on my shoulder and he was with Rony (Daniel & Suzana's Brother) and said "Elder Barton, Rony is worthy to baptize his brother & sister, and would like to. Can we make that happen?" I got so excited, and said "Yes!!!! Lets go!!" hahaha we sprinted to grab a jumpsuit and ran to the bathroom to change. He ended up baptizing his sister and his brother with Elder Dos Santos helping him out to baptize Daniel in the font. Daniel went first, and then I grabbed Daniel and stood on the stairs of the baptismal font with Daniel and we watched Suzana get baptized by her big brother Rony. It was so incredible. After, Rony just gave her the biggest hug in the font and wispered in her ear that he loved her. It was such an incredible moment. The whole room just radiated with the spirit and pure joy. 

There was nothing more special to see this family come back to church and see the others be baptized. It made me so grateful for what I have. Daniel doesnt have arms or legs, and could complain about soo many things but he is the happiest person on the earth. We need to all be more like Daniel. I love this kid, and love his family. I am so glad that it all went the way it did, couldnt have been better. This family was truly such a tender mercy of the Lord, and I am so grateful for the spirit and how he teaches through His missionaries. 

Could not be more grateful for my misison, for my family, and for these incredible i am blessed to be serving. 


"If I only think of my own performance, my sadness deepens. But when I think that the Lord promised that His power would go with me, I begin to look for evidence of what He has done in the lives of the people whom I am to serve. I pray to see with spiritual eyes, the effects of His power."  -Henry B. Eyering


Love you all so much!

Elder Barton








No comments:

Post a Comment