Monday, February 9, 2015

Weekly Email 2/09/15



Whaaats up whaaats up everybody!!!!

 Want to start off by giving a shout out to MATTIE SLEIGHT getting her mission call to the Philippines!!!!! Going to the same place as Scott Baylon, that's soo awesome congrats!!! This week was an awesome week down here in brassssssil! It was a more mellow week, not too much happened but ti was still an awesome week! Elder Almeida and I found a lot of new people to teach which is awesome!! We are super excited about that! We found an inactive member who served in Manaus Brazil named Leondro who lives right below Irenilde, Irenice and Nice (Irenice and Nice were the ones who just got baptized) and it was such a miracle to find him because he is wanting to go back to church and has a girlfriend with a kid who is a non member and we are going to start teaching them! Super excited about that, they are an awesome little family!! 

Oh my gosh and this week there was the GNARLIEST rain storm ever holy cow!!! haha we were with a member named Thales, walking to a teaching appointment up these super steep hills to get there, it started raining a little bit and then all the sudden started POURING! like the craziest rain i have ever seen! It seriously looked like a muddy river going down the roads! it was super flooded and a bunch of cars kept sliding out and stuff it was so intense haha! In one part on the road, it was completely flooded and we were walking in water up to our knees haha it was soo sick!!! Thales took some pictures with his phone but he hasn't sent them to me yet, I will try to get them this week and send the pics to you guys! haha but it was soo crazy, I have never seen anything like that in my life! Soooo much rain it was ridiculous! This week was a good week, I am loving my mission and being here in Brazil... I am starting to get more and more comfortable with Portuguese and feeling like a local... No big deal, haha just getting I can be spotted from a mile away as the tall white kid! but I did buy a soccer jersey so maybe if I wear that around I will gain some respect hahah... I know this church is the true church of Jesus Christ restored on the earth and I am soo happy to be serving! thank you all so much for you emails and support1 Until next week! 
Elder Barton

SPREADING THE WORD...





No comments:

Post a Comment