Monday, February 1, 2016

1/26/2016 AND 2/1/2016

Dat weekly reporrtttt 1/26/2016
Hello hello my friends!

Sorry about that last week I didn't get a chance to write y'all about the week! It has been an awesome couple weeks here in Baronesa ZION! We were blessed with some great baptisms and awesome new people to teach! It was really cool seeing Irmã Fátima being baptized (the older one who Elder Guimarães baptized HIS FIRST ONE ON DA MISHH WHAT WHAT??!) and seeing her truly converted in the gospel. We visited her a couple times after her baptism and she is super excited and just feeling so happy. She has been giving us referrals like crazy also haha which is awesome!!! A win win situation if ya know what I'm sayin ;) because she is super stoked and wanting to help others feel what she feels! We have stared teaching her granddaughter as well as her sister and they both seem pretty good! Especially her granddaughter! 

On Wednesday we received a world-wide training from members of the quorum of the 12 apostles, seventy and other leaders of the church. In this training everything was focused on "Teach repentance and baptize converts" which i am truly seeing how important it is. To teach others about the importance of repentance and that there is a way to have the feelings of guilt, shame, and sadness completely erased. When these people have a taste of that, they will want to feel that feeling in there lives always and will naturally want to be baptized and keep repenting throughout there whole lives which will make them "true converts" and will be able to stay active in the church. It makes so much sense, and I truly am going to try and be so much better with this and teach repentance so that i can help others become truly converted in this gospel. 

I am so grateful for repentance and the opportunity I have to repent each day and to teach others about this incredible feeling that comes from it. I am grateful for the things I learned this week and for how loving our Heavenly Father is. I know that he loves each and everyone of us, and that we can come even closer to him and be truly converted through repentance. 
 17 And it came to pass that as I was thus racked with torment, while I was harrowed up by the memory of my many sins, behold, I remembered also to have heard my father prophesy unto the people concerning the coming of one Jesus Christ, a Son of God, to atone for the sins of the world.
 18 Now, as my mind caught hold upon this thought, I cried within my heart: O Jesus, thou Son of God, havemercy on me, who am in the gall of bitterness, and am encircled about by the everlasting chains of death.
 19 And now, behold, when I thought this, I could remember my pains no more; yea, I was harrowed up by the memory of my sins no more.
 20 And oh, what joy, and what marvelous light I did behold; yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain!
I hope yaaaaal have an awesome week and i love ya sooo much!!!!

STAY FROSTY

Elder Barton








SHOW DE TALENTOS, ELDER FROST 2 ANOS E BATISMO

Yo yo everybody whats crackin??!    2/1/2016

Wanted to tell all y'all about the awesome week which we had this week!!!

Elder Guimarães and were working super hard this week to try and achieve the goal which President Del Guerso gave us for this transfer!! So far, it is going super well and we are truly seeing the blessings coming from our efforts! 

This week in the ward we had a ward talent show with the other wards in the chapel. It was pretty epppiccccc!!!! We prepared a little skit that turned out pretty dangggg awesome haha! We did a skit that was an "Imitose"  which i dont know how to say in English haha but was like a sickness that makes you repeat everything that the other person does. Elder Frost was the Doctor and Elder Nicholls, Guimarães and I the patients that couldn't stop imitating each other haha it was awesome. We got it from our ward mission leader from a YouTube video and it turned out super awesome haha! A bunch of investigators went also so it was perfect!

We were super blessed with an awesome Family Magaly, Hitallo and Nice which I think i talked a little bit about them already. Magaly and Hitallo were baptized on Sunday and it was such and incredible experience! It was a very spiritual baptismal service and was soo cool to see them accepting the gospel and changing their lives! They are such spiritually receptive people... I really loved teaching this Family because I felt very strongly that they truly were prepared for us to find them. I feel such a strong love for this incredible Family and it was awesome to see them truly repenting and wanting to be better people. Hitallos girlfriend, Nice was also preparing to be baptized yesterday but wasn't feeling ready... She said she has already been baptized twice in two other churches by impulse and didn't want to feel like she was being forced but during sacrament meeting had a super cool experience! I was sitting in front of her and Magaly Hitallo and Nice and she tapped me on the shoulder and said "I decided! I decided! I want to be baptized today!!!!!" Haha it was sooo cool!! Unfortunately, we weren't able to baptize her because she is only 17 and her parents need to sign saying that she can be baptized. She has a pretty tough relationship with her parents and doesn't let us go there to talk to them. But said that she just had a feeling that they would sign it and that she should be baptized!!! We are planning to baptize her on Saturday so it will be awesome! I know that it will all work out!! 

I asked her a little bit after why she suddenly decided and he said that when the sacrament was being passed she just felt an incredible feeling come over and felt that she had been forgiven of her sins and just felt that she needed to be baptized! It was incredible, I truly have such a Strong testimony of "teach repentance and baptize coverts" and am soo grateful for these incredible people and seeing them being more and more converted each day. Especially myself, i love my mission so much and my savior! thanks soo much for all of your support and love! love ya!!!

Elder Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment