Monday, June 27, 2016

WEEKLY UPDATE 6/20/16

Hello my frIends!!! Don't have much time today, but wanted to send out a quick report!! 

WANTED TO START OFF GIVING A HUGGGGEEEE SHOUT OUT TO MY BIG MAN CHUCK FOR BEING THE BEST DAD/WINGMAN IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!!! Hope you had an awesome day dad and hope you know how much I love ya! You are da MAN!

This week was a super awesome week. The highlight was probably when I had the opportunity to do a two day exhange with the AP Elder Dhonal myyyy man!! Haha this kid is such an awesome missionary... HE WAS MY GREETER IN THE PROVO MTC (the guy that takes your suitcase and take you to your room and everything) haha and we had the chance to do an exchange with them this week! I stayed in the area with elder Dhonal (got lost a few times) and Elder Ramirez went to morumbi with elder cabral (the other AP and my former COMPANION!) 

I truly learned a lot with this guy. I wanted to just share a quick experience that we had. Last week I talked about Estevão, that new investigator that we have who is super awesome. This week he contintued progressing so well. We taught him the word of wisdom and law of chastity and he had problems with the two. But when we taught him, we just saw in his eyes the desire to change, we saw in his eyes that he understood that what he was doing was bad. Immediatley when we commited him to live these commandments he said "YES! I know that everything that you guys teach me is true, so why would it be hard for me to stop??"  This guy is incredible, he has such a strong desire to follow Jesus Christ and change his life. The lesson was so full of the spirit and when elder Dhonal and I left, we just couldnt stop smiling. haha we were seriously so happy, we felt so strongly the love of christ in this moment and that we were in some way doing our job as missionaries. I know we have so much to do to be better, but i just felt happy. I felt that we found a lost sheep of the savior that he guided us to. I cant even express how happy I felt haha, it was incredible. I think the people on the street were probably looking at us like we were crazy because we just walked down the street speechless smiling so big hahaha. I will never forget this experience. I am 100 percent sure that Jesus Christ loves us so much with a love that is perfect and never fails. My main goal is to continue feeling that love and try to help others  feel it.
 47 But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endurethforever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.
 48 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are truefollowers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen.
LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

ELDER BARTON
                    Elder Barton loves his Pizzas... :)  photos of his week....









No comments:

Post a Comment