Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Weekly Report 4/12/16

ELDER BARTON WILL RETURN ON OCTOBER 11TH!  JUST GOT THE NEWS TODAY... 6 MONTHS TO GO!

Opaaaaa meus queridos!!! BOA TARDEEEE!

Wanted to say sorry that I wasn't able to shoot out an email last week, especially about General conference. I am so grateful for General Conference and to have a Prophet of God on the Earth who passes the pure will of Heavenly Father for us during these last days, and what He wants us to return to His presence. I felt so strongly in this conference that President Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God, and I am so grateful. I was definitely spiritually FED!! haha, I hope all of you were as well and felt the powerful spirit that I felt. 

This week has been a super rewarding and tough week. We have been incredibly blessed to have found a woman named Erika and her two little daughters Emily, and Ana. They came to know the church in a different ward close to where Irmã Erika cuts hair. She cuts hair super close to the temple and one of her clients is a member who works in the CTM. She talked with her about the church about 2 years ago, but never really sparked any interest. But recently she really has had a huge desire to progress and get to know the church better. She went twice in the ward close to the temple and watched almost every section of general conference!!! My main man Elder Uchytl (who is in that area) called me up and ´passed us the referral and she is AWESOME! My beloved son (elder dos santos) and I have been so blessed to be teaching them and they will be baptized this Sunday. I am so grateful for these people. I don't know why I am so blessed to meet these people. It is truly incredible to see how many people the Lord prepares for his missionaries. I just feel grateful.

It has been a little tough with Luis Carlos and his family. The problems and temptations unfortunately have taken over a little bit in their lives recently and they haven't been able to stay strong. Mikaella gets super sad, wanting her family to change but they won't. Us too, haha its crazy! We just keep have to remind ourselves that God's children have and always will have their agency. Mikaella is incredible, she went to church all by herself on Sunday and stayed to watch a baptism of the sisters and she said that she felt the spirit soo strongly and came up to us after and said, "okay!!! I think I'm ready!!!!! You guys are right, the 24th is the day!" "I think I want to do this!" It was incredible hearing her say that. She is such a great example for her family and we feel super strongly that this example will help out her family a ton to go to church and follow Christ. I just am so happy to be meeting these people and to have more sureness each day that Christ lives and guides His church here on the earth RIGHT NOW. I love Him so much, and just love my mission, I couldn't be happier, and I thank you all so much for the support!! Hope you guys are all doing good!

I also had my last interview with President Del Guerso this week (before he goes home in June) which was super weird and sad but also way good. He is such a special man. Sure do love that guy. Haha gave him a huge hug at the end of the interview and almost cried haha oh gosh! Crazy that he is gonna leave soon... 

Love ya guys soo much and hope you have an awesome week!!!

Elder Barton                                      

                                                                                 Acai bowls :)  (YUMMY!)

Jentry & Olin sent him a package




Pizzas for days



Moving Families 



Zone Meals


Talent Show
Erika & Emily




Elder Bartling



Heloisa Baptism


1 year & 5 month pizza

Alexandres Baptism - sister missionaries


25 de marco (shopping P-Day)



delicccccccccccccccoiussssssss cake that Mikaella made for us



No comments:

Post a Comment