Sunday, August 2, 2015

Weekly Email 7/20/2015

Whats up everybody!!!!!

Solid week this week!! Received my new companion Elder Inocencio who's a bosss! Like I said last week, hes a Brazilian from Rio Grande do Sul and he loves to drink Maté which has been a plus cause that's some good stuff haha!

Its been an awesome opportunity to have a little more control in everything in this area, because hes new here so I gotta show him the ropes! Ha ha, I am learning a lot while doing so! Its super awesome. We have been continuing to work with "Nosso Resgate" and all of the Less and Inactive members of the church. We did exchanges yesterday with the Elders Quorum (each missionary with a member of the quorum) and visited a ton of inactive members in the quorum. It was a great experience, I felt like we the Army of Helaman all suited up heading into battle to rescue our injured comrades! haha it was an awesome experience, we found some great people and I truly feel that a good number of them will be at church next Sunday! I got paired with Maurcio, the president of the quorum (super awesome guy) and we were talking about the great impact that small visits have on people. Just a quick 5 minute visit to an inactive member of the church can help them feel loved and a desire to go back to church! Just to share a quick testimony with them about how much their Father in Heaven loves them and that we are all here to support them makes a huge difference! It was awesome, we had some great experiences and even found some new people to teach while at it!

Sometimes we just need to have courage to open our mouth, whether it be for a inactive member of the church, or someone who knows nothing about the church. My brother Ryan sent me an email last week that really helped me out. All of us have a purpose in the areas which we are in as missionaries. Whether it is to find people who have been prepared to be baptized, and baptize them. Or to plant seeds and search for new people to teach, helping others who have fallen as well. I know that I have a purpose here in this area, and I feel that more and more each day. I know that the savior is with me and I just need to always remember to have courage to open my mouth and help those people whom the Lord has prepared for Elder Inocencio and I! I know this is true, and am so grateful to be here serving my mission. I feel my saviors love more and more each day.

D&C 84:88

 88 And whoso receiveth you, there will be also, for will go before your face. will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.

ELDER BARTON
                                  
                              Service Project with Carlos (our ward mission leader) this week!!!!!!



First pizza with the new crew in our house!!!! Elder Lopes from North Africa and Elder Inocencio!!

MONKEYS

MATÉ

First REAL motorcycle I have seen here

Ponder Break

​In dat foriegn land

No comments:

Post a Comment